Monday, March 8, 2010

Chuck 3.09

"Chuck versus The Beard"

Now that I’m back from the Bruce Lee/Van Damme/Seagal film festival, here are some thoughts on last night’s episode…

Morgan knows! I wrote in a earlier blog entry that the producers were going to have another member of the cast know Chuck’s secret. I’m happy it’s Morgan! Unlike Awesome, Morgan seems fully accepting of Chuck’s spy life, relieved that Chuck no longer has to lie to him, and excited that Chuck finally claimed his destiny with greatness (Chuck 2.02)!

Jeffster’s back! As the rest of the Buy More’s employees unknowingly dug in for a siege against the Ring, Jeff and Lester provided the anthem of liberty! What would seem ridiculous in other shows just fits in nicely with “Chuck”, be it Jeffster singing “Fortunate Son”, Big Mike’s Braveheart speech, the employees raising the Buy Moria flag like the Marines at Iwo Jima, or the two Buy More employees recreating the Times Square Kiss after V-J day!

Subway’s back! After victory over the Ring, Chuck and Morgan play Duck Hunt while eating meatball marinara subs. This is the start of the Subway tie-ins with “Chuck”. Even one of the later episodes this season is “Chuck vs. The Subway”. With any luck, I’ll finally get to see Sarah wear a Subway uniform! And for all my Sarah fantasies, how about Ellie in that bikini?

My new favorite episode of the season, this blog post deserves another photo! Jeffster, once more:

My Favorite Line: “The only thing I hate more than hippy, neo-liberal fascist anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they eventually grow up to become.”

My Coolest Moment: So many to choose from, but I’m going to pick Jeff inadvertently saving Casey from enemy Ring agents. Something tells me that no matter what he may see or do, Jeff is just never going to figure out the Chuck, Sarah and Casey are spies!

Charah Scene: Chuck regaining his Intersect powers after confessing to Morgan his love for Sarah. Awww...

1 Comments:

At March 9, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, this is the best show so far. (And I have said that with each new episode.)

The one thing I think that made this one even(Chuck vs the Beard) greater is that it was Zachary Levi (with his own ideas of Chuck) making his directorial debut in Chuck vs. The Beard.

Nicely done. I hope he take the rains more in the future, Way to go Zak!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home