Monday, February 8, 2010

Chuck 3.07

“Chuck versus the Mask”

Now that I’m back from the Mask of Alexander exhibit, here are my thoughts on last night’s episode…

Chuck and Sarah finally get to hook up! Too bad it’s not with each other. Still, as a cliffhanger until March, I actually like the Chuck-Hannah and Sarah-Shaw relationships. I don’t think anyone doubts that Chuck and Sarah will be together in the long run (or perhaps episode 13), but Hannah and Shaw are likeable characters and maybe a glimpse of the relations Chuck and Sarah would have had if they didn’t meet.

The main story revolves around Team Bartowski stealing the Mask of Alexander (where the Ring has hidden a secret weapon) in an unnamed museum’s computerized vault, making good use of Hannah and Chuck’s computer skills. I liked how the theft gave us a fun triangle: Sarah is in yet another bone-crunching hand-to-hand fight with a Ring Agent as Chuck dangles from the ceiling above the artifact while Hannah unknowingly tries to get the vault doors opened remotely!

A decent episode to go out on into winter break, I was sad when Morgan discovered Chuck and Hannah making out, since Morgan had designs on her as well. At least Ellie doesn’t have to wonder why Chuck’s always disappearing for now, and Casey provided the much needed comic relief that makes “Chuck” so endearing to me!

My Favorite Line: “When do I get to blow something up?”

My Coolest Moment: The museum is off the PCH. It’s only 30 minutes from my home!

Charah Scene: Chuck and Sarah approving of each other’s newest relationship. Just breaks the heart.

3 Comments:

At February 9, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

My favorite line is when Chuck and Sarah are talking about Shaw and Chuck states the obvious: He's ok, if you like a guy with Super Man looks!! Ha, ha. Very nice.

And enjoyed seeing Adam Baldwin as always and liked his "When do I get to blow something up", comment also. He is great in Chuck and in his character, Kal Reegar in Mas Effect 2 game. How flexable is this guy?!

And how cool is it that they dress Hanna as a Catholic school girl for the Company Uniform for the Ladies this show knows it's audience!

Love the show.

 
At February 16, 2010 at 5:34 AM , Blogger John Villalino said...

@Rachel - Thanks for your comments

One thing I like on “Chuck” is how good the supporting characters are! Shaw and Hannah have been great additions. Shaw especially is a fun character for me. It’s like watching Tom Cruise channel his inner Superman!

Adam Baldwin has been in many movies (My Bodyguard, DC Cab, Full Metal Jacket) and television shows (X-files, Angel, Firefly) I’ve enjoyed over the years. And he blogs! It’s an honor just to talk to him.

And for my money, my favorite woman-in-a-sexy-nerd-herd-outfit moment is still Sarah in Chuck 2.05 (“Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer”):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orsr5Do2pH8

If you didn’t know, it’s not just Adam that has a role in Mass Effect 2. Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah) is the voice and model for the Miranda Lawson character. In the game Lawson is genetically modified to be the perfect woman. Big stretch for Yvonne! LOL

 
At February 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I am sad there is no new Chuck to comment on.... How sad.

Till next show.. : (

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home