Monday, April 26, 2010

Chuck 3.14

“Chuck versus The Honeymooners”

Now that I’m back buying my comic books from the magazine rack at Gare du Nord in Paris, here are some thoughts on last night’s episode…

Most of you have told me that shows get ruined after the main characters get together. I disagree for two reasons. 1) Shows can go on in new directions after the main characters hook up (i.e. “I Dream Of Jeannie” and “Cheers”), and 2) Most of you still don’t leave your comments on my blog (but I’m not bitter)!

I for one am extremely happy that Chuck and Sarah finally are an official couple! After looking dour for most of the season, Sarah is finally happy (and showing off those teeth)! Now that Chuck and Sarah are happy with each other and with being spies, their chemistry manifests itself in the climatic fight scene in a European café. Charah kicks serious spy tail while handcuffed together and grabbing each other in very effective – and increasingly provocative – ways!

Speaking of spy teams, Casey and Morgan teaming up is hard not to love. I wholeheartedly agree with the producers to make Chuck more skilled as a spy, because Morgan gives a new component to nerdily effective. I admit I laughed when Casey brought back the use-the-nerd-as-a-projectile-weapon-while-tied-back-to-back-to-him trick (Chuck 1.12)! It will be fun to see how Casey restrains himself from killing Morgan in the future.

It’s hard to see Awesome and Ellie leave for Africa, but Jeffster unplugged was worth it for me. As a big fan of the music on “Chuck”, having Jeffster’s acoustic rendition of “Leaving On A Jet Plane” between Vampire Weekend, Polyphonic Spree and Nina Simone is impressive even by this show’s high musical standards!

My new favorite show of the season, or should I say my favorite show of Season 3.2? This show felt like a season premiere, redefining the show’s premise. How does a loving spy couple cope with their work and personal lives? At any rate, this show deserves a second pic! Ladies and gentlemen, the randiest couple in the CIA: Chuck Bartowski and Sarah Walker!
My Favorite Line: “He is going to need a walker when Walker's through with him?”

My Coolest Moment: Sarah and Chuck defeating the bad guys while handcuffed to each other. It doesn’t get any cooler than that.

Charah Scene: “Off the record, it’s about damn time!” General Beckman says it, and so say we all. Awww...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home