Monday, May 24, 2010

Chuck 3.18 & 3.19

“Chuck versus The Subway”
“Chuck versus The Ring Part 2”


Now that I’m back celebrating next season’s renewal for “Chuck” (whoo-hoo!), here are some thoughts on last night’s episode…

I wasn’t planning to write a post for the season finale of “Chuck”, but it was so good that I felt I should! It was the perfect way to end an imperfect season. All of this season’s storylines were wrapped up nicely while setting up the major storyline when the show comes back in the fall.

Season finales should be big, and “Chuck” didn’t disappoint. Chuck had to save the country from Shaw and The Ring’s covert takeover of the US Intelligence services. What was most impressive was how Chuck did it without using the Intersect (which was still malfunctioning for most of the episode)!

The producers wanted to go out this season in a blaze of glory! It was only fitting that the climatic fight between Chuck and Shaw would take place at the deserted Buy More with fisticuffs, Jeffster’s so-called music video playing on the screens in the background, and Sarah delivering the final blow! The sequence was well-planned and well-executed.

It is also a relief that the writers finally figured out what to do with the Ellie character. Her concern of protecting her younger brother now comes from a sense of family duty rather than being manipulative or controlling (like my mom). A shame it had to come at the expense of Chuck’s father (RIP Stephen Bartowski), but they did leave a way to keep bringing the dad back next season.

It was fun to share my thoughts with everyone. Thanks!

My Favorite Line: “So on behalf of the NSA, the CIA and of course your local Buy More, I just like to say, ‘Thanks a lot!’”

My Coolest Moment: Morgan using his nose to call Casey on his cell while tied up, and then breaking his thumbs to free himself. And the lack of thumb movement causing Morgan to blow up the Buy More!

Charah Scene: When Casey admitted to Sarah that he approved of her relationship with Chuck. “You picked a good one, Walker… finally.”

1 Comments:

At June 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, what can I say John. For once I agree with everything you wrote.???

I know what your thinking. OMG, the end is near.

But your bullet points are the ones I loved. I think the Chuck writing team pays so much attention to the little details that it gives Chuck that warm and fuzzy feeling. (yes, I said warm and fuzzy re: chuck).

Along with you I will be waiting for the next season of Chuck with bells and my spy regalia on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home