Friday, October 28, 2011

"Chuck" x5


Since it seems like “Chuck” has been on forever, I’m starting to believe that I can do these posts in my sleep! However, I’m happy to do it, because “Chuck” is still my favorite American TV show, a comedy-action-romance that has a regular guy become a super-spy.

The start of Season Five is as far away from the Series Pilot as can possibly be: Chuck has gone from well-meaning computer geek to spy billionaire, Sarah is no longer Chuck’s handler but is now his wife, and the one thing that made Chuck special -- his ability to access the Intersect -- is now in the head of his best friend, Morgan.

I must admit that I’m looking forward to Morgan antics with the Intersect, but I also like the back-to-basics approach with Chuck. It isn’t the Intersect that made Chuck special, but his ability to come up with an unusual solution to the life-or-death problems all good spies face.

And with Morgan’s new-found super powers, most of the characters have now reached their full potential, except one. I’m happy that my favorite character on the show, Casey, is finally getting a romantic partner! Casey (played by Adam Baldwin) was the lynchpin in the first two seasons, being the only character who could be both lethal and funny. His role has diminished the past two seasons, but it’s cool that the producers haven’t forgotten about him.


With Chuck vs. The Zoom kicking off the new season tonight, “Chuck” enters its final year. Yet there is already speculation that after all that’s been said, the show could still be renewed! For whatever reason, NBC’s primetime is still a mess, and “Chuck” consistently makes money for the network. I myself am going to take a wait-and-see approach, just being grateful that we’re being given another thirteen episodes with these characters!

Previous Chuck Post

2 Comments:

At January 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Blixir20 said...

Farewell Chuck! It was a great run!

 
At January 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Blixir20 said...

Farewell Chuck! You had a great run!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home